Sports massage is an effective massage therapy treatment for people involved in sports, fitness or for any one with an active lifestyle. Whether you are training for a competition or starting out on a fitness journey, all levels of ability can benefit from sports massage treatments. The treatments are adapted to your individual requirements.
The benefits include:
- Prevention of scar tissue build up
- Detection of muscular trauma at an early stage
- Faster recovery following intensive training
- Improved flexibility
- Improved posture
- Boosts athletic performance
- Reduces DOMs (delayed onset muscle soreness)
- Helps prepare psychologically for competition
- Speeds recovery in sports injury
Sports massage can be used regularly or now and again depending on the intensity of training and competition.
Myofascial release is an advanced soft tissue technique which can be used during sports and remedial massage treatments. This technique helps to restore balance to muscles, frees movement and improves posture. Sports massage also involves the use of other advanced techniques such as cross fibre frictions, soft tissue release, neuromuscular technique and muscle energy techniques. These advanced massage techniques allow a change to occur in the soft tissues which triggers the bodies own healing processes.
Not only does sports massage improve the condition of muscle tissue but it feels good too.